Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Field Near Hallelujah Junction (Golden Hour) Plein Air Study



A field near Hallelujah Junction at so called golden hour.  A plein air study in oil on Masonite board.  6" x 17.5".  The window of opportunity (approximately one hour) to capture this fleeting sunset light was so short, planning and preparation prior to each session was crucial. (i.e. pre-mixing paints, getting there on time.)  I went back to the location several times to render just the right angle and amount of light spreading across the field.  A couple of concerned NHP officers (or were they CHP?) stopped by to see I was okay.  I got nervous that they might give me a ticket, but they both liked my work and let me resume what I was doing.

This is one of the studies for an upcoming figurative painting that I'm planning to do.

No comments: